Certain health insurance plans require that you obtain a referral authorization from your Primary Care Physician (PCP) prior to receiving care from a specialist's office such as ours. Failure to obtain the necessary authorizations will result in the denial and non-payment of your claim. As such, it is imperative that you secure the necessary referral authorization prior to your visit with our physician. The referral authorization should include the following:
- Your name and insurance plan membership number
- The name of the physician you will be seeing
- The type of treatment authorized by your PCP
- The time frame for the authorization
- The number of visits authorized
Please note that alternate payment arrangement or rescheduling of your appointment may become necessary if you fail to secure the proper referral authorization.
It is the policy of CardioCare to assist patients in prescription maintenance and requests. A dedicated prescription line is available to patients and will be managed daily to ensure a timely turnaround. Requests will be handled as quickly as possible with a commitment to respond within 48 hours.
- The nurses and medical assistants will manage the prescription requests.
- Pharmacists and patients will have access to Cardiocare's dedicated prescription line. Pharmacists may also fax pharmacy requests to 301-654-3761. Requests for mail in and internet pharmacy will be managed as needed.
- Throughout the day an assigned nurse will remove the requests from the dedicated prescription line, attend to faxes and patient requests. Nursing staff will then secure physician approval and order after which the prescription will be called in or faxed to the pharmacy. In some instances, the patient may elect to come to the office to pick up the prescription or have the prescription mailed to their home.
- Prescription requests must include the patient name and date of birth, the medication required and the ordering physician. The pharmacy telephone number and/or fax number, or mailing address must be included.
- All prescriptions will be called in or written on a physician order form.